Accessibility statement for Devon Climate Emergency
This website is run by Devon County Council on behalf of the Devon Climate Emergency Response Group. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser settings
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen using browser settings
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
This website has been developed to be as accessible as possible.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this statement.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact us using the contact details at the end of this statement.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Devon Climate Emergency Response Group is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
This website may link to third-party, external websites or services that are not fully accessible.
How we tested this website
We tested this website in the following ways:
- using the NVDA screen reader (last tested December 2018)
- WCAG 2.1 compliance using a third-party automated service (last tested October 2019).
- regular testing using a suite of browser-based accessibility reporting tools
- colour contrast checkers are used during the design phase and re-tested once launched
We tested our main website platform, available at https://www.devonclimateemergency.org.uk/
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will be reviewing this site on a regular basis and updating this statement accordingly.
For any enquiries about the accessibility of this website, you can contact us using the details below:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call: 0345 155 1015 and ask for the ‘Digital Communications Team’
- post: Digital Communications Team (G59), County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 4QD
- British Sign Language users can contact us using an online interpreter who will relay your conversation with an appropriate member of Devon County Council staff, and then sign back to you their response to your questions.
This statement was prepared on 21 October 2019. It was last updated on 21 October 2019.