Clean Air Day is just around the corner – this Thursday 8 October!
Clean Air Day is the UK’s largest air pollution campaign which is organised by charity Global Action Plan. The campaign helps to drive a positive shift in public knowledge and action; and is a chance to find out more about air pollution, share information, and make the air cleaner and healthier for everyone.
DCE are really excited to be taking part in the campaign and encourage you all to get involved by checking out the resources below, adopting more active travel into your routines and share the campaign with others.
It’s not too late to get involved. Here are all the amazing ways you can support this year’s campaign and play your part in reducing air pollution:
- Increase your understanding about air pollution:
- Attend Clean Air Day LIVE, their first ever virtual event, which will be broadcast from the Clean Air Day website from 10am, 8 October.
- Calculate your impact on air pollution by using the UK’s first Personal Air Pollution Calculator and share your results.
- Read up on the most up-to-date information about air pollution on the Clean Air Hub.
- Help drive engagement to the campaign by supporting on social media and sharing their free resources:
- Share the Clean Air for Schools Framework, a free online tool which offers schools bespoke actions for tackling air pollution with your local school or council.
- Check out and share their free Clean Air Day resources.
- Pledge to leave the car at home and walk or cycle instead; work from home or write to your politicians to tell them what you are doing to tackle air pollution and ask them to play their part.