Devon, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Climate Impacts Group
The climate is already changing and we all need to prepare to live in a warmer world.
The Climate Impacts Group is using its collective knowledge to create a Devon, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Adaptation Plan. This will consider how the region and its citizens can adapt to living in a warmer world.
Terms of Reference
To work collaboratively with the Devon, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly climate emergency projects operating in each of the three localities to use its expertise to help:
- prepare communities for the necessary adaptations to infrastructure, services and behaviours that will be required to respond to a warmer world.
- improve the resilience of the natural environment against the effects of climate change.
A Devon, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Adaptation Plan
The plan will include:
- An appraisal of the projected climate change for the region in the 21st century
- Determination of the current risks held by the Local Resilience Forum in the Community Risk Register that will be affected by climate change and how their magnitude and/or likelihood is expected to change
- Identification and evaluation of new community risks for the region not currently managed that will arise from climate change
- An understanding of the implications for the natural environment from climate change
- Actions to improve community and environmental resilience
Minutes of the latest meeting:
You can browse the minutes of all meetings.
The minutes of the Climate Impacts Group will be published on the project website following their sign-off.