Who is collecting and using your personal data?
On behalf of the Devon Climate Emergency Response Group, Devon County Council will act as a ‘data controller’ for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data you give us is processed in line with our organisation’s data protection policies and in line with your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that failure to provide your personal data may make it difficult for us to provide the necessary advice and support.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- So that we can attribute any submitted evidence to a named individual
- With your consent, so that we can contact you for further discussion or clarification about your submission
- With your consent, so that we can keep you updated via email
Who will we share your personal data with?
To deliver services to you, it may be necessary for us to share your personal data with the following organisations/partners:
- We may publish submissions in public with your name as the author
- We may share submissions with organisations that are members of the Devon Climate Emergency Response Group
How long will we hold your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for only as long as is necessary and in line with our organisation’s record retention schedules.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your own personal data.
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine-readable format.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your right to complain
If you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Devon County Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with the Council’s customer feedback procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office